Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Chapter 20



Rhyl had no sooner finished her homework than she scurried off to try on her new clothes, so she could show them off at dinner. This was assuming she could get a word in edgewise during her mother's discussion about the Sim-world economy and how she's not part of it.

"I'm not! You promised me I'd have a job. I have a lifetime want that does not involve children!"

And as soon as your children are in school, we can work on that job and lifetime want thing. Right now, I was talking about your daughter.

*grumps*







Anyway, back to the princess' new clothes...

Rhyl was pretty excited about the new outfit she'd picked out. K2 hadn't been too keen on all the pink she kept pulling off the rack, but finally they were able to agree on a nice plum sweater and a pretty little pink and beige plaid skirt.







V seemed rather pleased with the new threads his daughter had chosen for him as well. I began to wonder if he was ever going to stop preening in front of the mirror. Certainly he had better things to do on his day off.

As bad as a Holldum with the mirror infatuation, I tell you.







And K2 and her new chosen togs... well... not a lot of difference there.

Is everything okay there K2? You look a little... stressed.


"No, no. Everything's fine. Really. Babies are supposed to cry. A lot. Really. And two cry even more than one."

Alexi and Kabrina shouldn't be crying any more than usual. I've got the Season patch that fixes the overly fussy babies.

"And my daughter likes pink. Lots of pink. I'm not a pink person."

If Rhyl is so obsessed with pink, why is her room still blue?

"And my husband is still spinning up wants for other women. But everything's fine. Really. Just peachy."

*sigh* V has one want spun up where he wants to call a certain female friend to chat. Seems rather innocent and normal to me. And certainly more platonic that what you've been spinning up for Ray and Clay lately.






You know, if you'd just talk to your husband once in a while you'd realize he's madly in love with you and always has been... K2... K2?... *sigh* She's not listening.

I'd ask you for your opinion V, but we know you're not apt to have anything to say to me in return. So why don't at least one of you look alive. Your daughter just got back from school.







And she's none too pleased about it either. Seriously, she got an A+ today. Do you believe it? Rhyl really hates winter. Every time she's gotten off the bus during winter she's made this face and gotten all huffy.






What's this? Two birthday cakes? Could that mean it's finally birthday time for little Alexi and Kabrina? K2 will be so thrilled... they'll be crying less, but then they'll probably be taking turns playing in the toilet too.






I'd meant to get a nice picture of K2 bringing Alexi to the cake, but I got a little distracted. Miss Kitty brought a friend to the party. Yep, just as K2 was coming up on the cake, Kitty whipped out old Wilson there and started chattering away. I was so distracted I completely forgot to get any shots until it was too late.






But here's a nice (glarey) pic of mother and son. How much you want to bet he got a set of the damn bear pajamas? *grin*

Oh, and in the background you can see Rhyl trying desperately to avoid Myron Buttons. I know it's not nice to mock the genetically challenged (especially since I created the Buttons that way... but they're an awesome family)... but I can't really blame Rhyl about Myron. He's got some issues (middle child).







So let's try round two. Alexi has crawled off to play with Mr Bunnyhead and Kitty has stuffed Wilson away somewhere. So shall we see how Kabrina turned out?






And here she is... Daddy's little girl. She'll be even cuter once she changes hairstyles. The dress is cute too, but so not Brina. Maybe for Rory's daughter.

Oh, and Wilson apparently couldn't stay away. Miss Kitty had no sooner put down her birthday horn than she whipped him back out. I have to confess, her insanity is my fault. After she graduated I forgot to run her through the cement mixer and change her aspiration from knowledge (which I'd given her for college to make life easy for me) to family, like Rory's. She's handled being a mother even worse than K2.







The Blacks have never been ones for happening parties. Graduation time was a perfect example. The height of the Twin's birthday party? A rousing time spent with Alexi and Mr. Bunnyhead. Well, the boy certainly won't lack for friends.






However, potty training is a little more important than building friendships. When I sent K2 over to take the birthday boy to the tinkle trainer, she interrupted Clay and Lilaea renewing their friendship. *chuckle*






I was sitting here trying to remember WTH those two had gotten to be such *cough* 'good friends', when I remembered that one one of Lilaea's many outings downtown, those two spent a little quality time in the photo booth (ACR strikes again). These two were platinum the entire evening afterwards though.






Anyway, once K2 whisked Alexi off to the tinkle trainer, everyone moved across the room to hang out with Kabrina and her Mr. Bunnyhead (or is hers Mrs. Bunnyhead?). Considering they've been the center of attention at their party, they're going to have a complex when they get older. *chuckle*






And where was Rhyl during all this? Out front playing with V's telescope. She is standing on a stool, but the snow's so deep you can barely tell. She'd better put some clothes on or she'll catch her death of cold out there.

"But I can see Orion... and the Milky Way... Hey, is that Andromeda? Where do the space aliens come from? Do you know..."

*sneaks off to the next chapter while Rhyl's babbling questions.*




Back to Chapter 19
Forward to Chapter 21


1 Comments:

Blogger MysticSpirit said...

Well heck! The comments appear to be working on this section. So I guess I'll leave a comment here for the last chapter as well.

19 - loved the hair dresser. I think I have that hair style, too. It looks good on him! And Rhyl's new 'do looks really good on her. And I like the new outfit she picked out. I am not into pink either. *SHUDDERS*

20 - K2 and V have issues. They need to sit down and have a little heart-to-hear talk.

I'm sorry that your muse has gone mute on your. *pout*

May 22, 2007 at 8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home