Saturday, May 19, 2007

Chapter 19



"MooOOoommm... Where are we?"

"We're at the..."

"Hel-lloOOo LaAAay-deez! Welcome to the 'Sheek BoOOouu-Teek', the home for all your stylish shopping needs. We're having a special on sweaters and lingere this week."

"Psst. MoOOomm, isn't that..."

"No it's not princess. He is a star on sim-reality tv. This is a fashion obsessed check out boy whom I will not let you date when you get older."

"Oookaaaay Mooomm. Whatever."






K2, do you really think that's an appropriate topic of discussion for Rhyl?

"This place reminds me of when I was shopping for my wedding gown, and your father came with me. They had changing rooms at the boutique there too, and we..."

"Ewwww! MooOOoomm! No Sharing!"






"So, MoOOom, I was thinking I could maybe get a cute dress. In pink or something."

"Pink?"

"Yeah. And frilly. Or maybe with lace or ribbons. Oh, or maybe in velvet. It's almost winter and I really hate getting cold."






"Um, how about some nice jeans? Oh, there's a pretty denim skirt..."

"MooOOoommm... please!"






"How about this one, princess?"

"I like the shirt, but the skirt really has to go. It itches."

*sigh* "My daughter thinks she's too good for denim."






"Did you find everything you were looking for today ma'am?"

"Yeah, my daughter finally decided on something that wasn't too pink. Ugh... pink. Oh, and she picked out a few things for the rest of us too."

"I'm delighted you were able to find somethings to your liking. Is there anything else I can help you with afternoon?" *big sappy grin*

"Umm... destroy anything that's pink"

"But pink's such a nice color. So pretty." *sighs dreamily*

"Er, in that case, can you point my daughter to the nearest hairdresser?"

"Right around the corner ma'am."







"MooOoomm... what are we doing next? My feet hurt from all this standing about aimlessly."

"How about a little trim? The boutique has its own little salon."






"Er, I don't know here Mom. Does this place get used very much? It's all neat and tidy. Where's the blow dryer? Where's all the expensive product they're going to try to push on me?"

*sigh* "Just get in the chair Rhyl."

Now you know how I feel K2, dealing with you some days.






"Hi, I'm Jason. I'll be your stylist for the evening."

"Hi Jason. Do you like pink and velvet?"

"Er... no... I'm more a jeans and polo sort of guy."

"Mooommm, if I get a nasty haircut from this guy, promise me you won't laugh at it until it grows out."






"Nonsense. You'll be perfect. Just a snip here and a trim there... hold still now..."






I don't know about you K2, but I'd be nervous about all that hair and dust flying about...






"There. Perfect. Exactly as I imaged it on you."






Well... it may be exactly as Jason imagined it, but Rhyl doesn't seem too thrilled about it.






She does seem to changing her mind, though, now that she's had a chance to see how it turned out.






She must like it. She's giving Jason the big 'thumbs up'. I'm liking Jason a little bit myself. Rhyl may becoming back to 'see' him when she's a little bit older.






K2, what do you think you're doing?

"Just catching up on my friendship with Ray and chatting him up."

That doesn't exactly look like chatting to me. Did you forget that you're a married woman?

"Yeah, but Ray's not married."

*sigh* Where's your daughter?






And where is little Rhyl? Why, cleaning the restroom of course. *heavysigh*






Yeah, you get out there and call the taxi K2, instead of trying to put the moves on your old college romance.

"Ray and I never romanced each other. Well, not seriously.... Oh, Colby Cab? Hey I need one of your magic taxis to drop my daughter and I back to our house about an hour after we left this afternoon."






Ah, a little post shopping family bonding.






"Um, Moooommm, do you think you could help me with my homework? I've got two of them sitting upstairs and it'd be nice if I knew what I was doing."

"Of course princess. Just lead the way."






Problem there K2?

"I just got this nasty headache. It just came on all of a sudden."

Sure it's not a twinge of conscience from messing around with Ray?

"Nah, it's probably sinuses."






And poor Rhyl could only work on one of her two homework assignments because K2 was standing on the other one the whole time. Hopefully her heels didn't poke a hole in it. I can just hear Rhyl now. "Mrs Murphowitz, I couldn't finish my homework because my moooommm stood on it and got footprints all over it."

And you'd think that with two knowledge parents, someone would spin up a want to help Rhyl with her homework. But did anyone? Nope. K2's are all obsessed with another Sim *coughRaycough*







V's wants are focused on another sim as well... well, all except that one 'call to chat' want, but that even subject is a little more appropriate.



-- Chapter 20 --


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home